Some fees have changed slightly!
Email me to check for open dates or request an estimate!
Please attempt to schedule edits in advance. Although I can sometimes accommodate an “emergency edit,” it always requires me to adjust my current schedule, and oftentimes extend my already overextended work hours. I do charge a $50 “RUSH FEE” in these situations.
Proposal / “First Act” Critique (proofread, edit)
$150 flat fee- Synopsis and first three chapters.
Manuscript will be returned with an editorial letter
Minimum fee of $100 dollars for short manuscripts
Turn-Around Time– Will be completed in 14 days or less
Quick Clean-Up (basic proofread: 1 quick read)
This service is recommended for authors who are already in the publishing process and need a second set of eyes to locate typing/scanning errors only! (No other editing will be done unless specifically requested).
.005/word-up to 55,000 words
.004/word-55,000 words or more
Copy Edit (1 careful read)
.007/word –up to 55,000 words
.006/word-55,000 words or more
- Surface editing for grammatical, spelling and typographical errors
- Minor revisions to clarify sentence structure, word usage (corrections suggested, never changed without your permission)
- Turn-Around Time– Copy edits will be completed in 7 days or less
One-Round Developmental Edit (1 story edit, with editorial letter)
…in case you are running short on time, but still need to address story issues.
- .008/word-up to 55,000 words
Two-Round Development Edit (2 complete reads, two rounds of editing)
.012/word-up to 55,000 words
.01/word-55,000 words or more
- Surface editing for grammatical, spelling, typographical errors
- Minor revisions to clarify sentences
- In-depth check of consistency, organization, and historical accuracy
- Commentary on “story elements”: character, conflict, point of view, etc…
- An Editorial Letter listing suggestions for improving the story
- Turn-Around Time– 1-2 weeks for each round of editing
After the Round One Edit, the manuscript will be returned to the author for revision. Authors generally take a week or two to make changes and then return the new and improved manuscript to me for a second round of editing.
- What is a series bible?A series bible is a comprehensive document that can include any and all of the following:
- a “family tree” of the major characters in your series
- a timeline of events
- a detailed description of every major AND minor character mentioned in your series, what he or she looks like, acts like, does for a living and who he or she is related to
- a “cast of characters” for each book in the series
- a chapter-by-chapter synopsis for each book in your series
- imbedded links to help you navigate the document
- word document format
- other formatting at customer request for additional fees
.006/word (words calculated from manuscripts)
Timeline for completion: usually approximately 1 week per book in series (4 weeks for a 4-book series)
$35.00/hour- Adding additional content after the completion of initial bible or transferring information to other formats